Gary Butterfield and Kole Ross manage to talk about Harvest Moon and SimCity (the SNES versions of both).
This Split EP is dedicated to two SNES games that take it a little bit slow. Both Harvest Moon and SimCity ask the player to make decisions about how to use limited resources like time and money in order to get some kind of return. Sometimes that's a bountiful turnip harvest, and sometimes that's a happy populace. While both series would go on to grow and change, these SNES versions are the simplest distillation of what they are trying to accomplish.
LINKS OF NOTE:
- [Growth Hacking](en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_hacking)
- [Retronauts on Slow Life Games](www.retronauts.com/?p=1066)
- [Harvest Moon for iOS](www.technologytell.com/apple/150687/…-this-winter/)
- [Dog's Life](www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0WsnngckdU)
- [Blood in Chocolate Milk](www.snopes.com/horrors/food/chocmilk.asp)
- [Raid on Bungelin Bay](www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeCZaxVP0nk)
- [LGR on Simcity](www.youtube.com/watch?v=O42kxeilMaQ)