Gary Butterfield, Kole Ross, and Ron Gilbert achieve critical mass regarding Maniac Mansion.
In a first for the show, WOFF! has the creator of a game in to talk about it. Maniac Mansion was foundational for both Gary and Kole, and it was a huge honor to have Ron Gilbert onto the show. If you haven’t played Maniac Mansion, shame on you. It’s an amazing point-and-click adventure game that formed the basis of pretty much everything that followed it. This is an unconventional episode, but we really hope you enjoy it.
LINKS OF NOTE:
- Dave’s Shirt: www.classicgaming.cc/pc/maniacmansi…funnystuff.php
- “The Making of Maniac Mansion” - GDC Talk: www.gdcvault.com/play/1014732/Cla…ostmortem-MANIAC
- Creepshow: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creepshow#.…Jordy_Verrill.22
- Hayes Code: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Pict…_Production_Code
- Uncanny Valley: www.damninteresting.com/a-walk-in-the…-the-uncanny/
- “Why Adventure Games Suck”: grumpygamer.com/2152210
- Heavy Rain: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_Rain
- The Cave: www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfaDxTE9jNc
- Maniac Mansion Deluxe: www.curlysworldoffreeware.com/games/view/124
- SCUMM VM: www.scummvm.org/