Gary Butterfield and Kole Ross join up to talk about the first half of Suikoden II.
It's Summer RPG time, and this year we turn our attention toward Suikoden II. It's probably known best nowadays for being incredibly rare and expensive, but there's so much more that makes this game remarkable. The tense struggle between the Kingdom of Highland and the City State of Jowston is memorable, and so are its key players. On the play side, several different genres are represented here, and greatly simplified.
For this episode, we play up through Two River. Next episode, we'll finish the game out.
Before you listen to the episode, please watch this trailer to get in the proper mindset (thanks, [@AllisonByProxy](twitter.com/allisonbyproxy)!).
LINKS OF NOTE:
- [Johnny Five Aces](knowyourmeme.com/memes/zybourne-clock)
- [Stonewall Jackson](en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_Jackson)
- [Beyond the Beyond](www.gamespite.net/toastywiki/index…-BeyondTheBeyond)
- [House Atreides](www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPNfgXBlzm0)
- [Forest Maze Music](www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkailb3xcTI)