Gary Butterfield, Kole Ross, and Zack Johnson open a hailing frequency to talk about Star Control II.
The Ur-Quan and their battle thralls have dominated this quadrant of the galaxy, and it's up to a human crew with some Precursor technology to reunite the Alliance of Free Stars and act as liberators. This is a game that defies categorization. Part space combat arcade game, part resource gathering, part adventure game... the larger picture of all of these pretty little parts is an engrossing world filled with varied and interesting species and civilizations, each with their own stories to tell. This ranks really high up there on our list of favorite games we've done on the show, and we really recommend you check it out.
LINKS OF NOTE:
- [3DO controller](www.google.com/search?q=3do+cont…g&biw=999&bih=810)
- [Star Control 1. Mute the dude](www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX0M2Ftf6ho)
- [Article on Starflight](www.filfre.net/2014/10/starflight/)
- [The Velvet Fog](en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Torm%C3%A9)
- [2001 Sequels](en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001:_A_Spa…novel%29#Sequels)
- [JW Stillwater](www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtxoRjYEhU8)
- [Kingdom of Loathing](www.kingdomofloathing.com/login.php?lo…74e3120d1fb6)
- [Video Games Hot Dog](videogameshotdog.com/)